Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Ramona Falls

Last summer, I took my usual Pacific Northwest excursion and made it a point to see the beautiful and popular Ramona Falls.  I had a slight bone to pick with the author of A Waterfall Lover's Guide to the Pacific Northwest, who rated Ramona only three stars out of five -- I felt it was worth more than that, a gorgeous waterfall, tall and graceful, interesting and unique, all at the end of a lovely and enjoyable hike.

I am now doubly glad that I visited this particular falls, as now no one can get to it due to the storms they've had this winter.  The road was flooded and caused major damage to the area so that the trail will be closed off for quite some time.  I'll have to keep an eye out for when it does reopen, and I will be among the first to take that hike again!  For right now, I can only be grateful I got to see it when I did, and I can enjoy the photos I got that day.





No comments:

Post a Comment