Thursday, August 4, 2011

Hare Krishna

You don't always have to go very far to find something cool to see.  I like to look for fun things to do in my own general area.  One place I always enjoy is the Hare Krishna temple in Spanish Fork.  This place is just really neat.  I have been to a couple of festivals there and always had a good time.  Last week, I took one of my best friends to see it, since she had never been before.  She had a blast.

One thing I always like about Hare Krishna temples is the way they treat the idols.  I love the bright colors they dress them in.  They change during the year, the colors vary depending on the season.  There are special monks whose job it is to dress them and feed them (in private, so they are treated respectfully) and even put them in pajamas and allow them to sleep at night.  Such care is taken over these.  I really like the people, they are so kind and peaceful.








No comments:

Post a Comment